Sunday, July 5, 2015

Maegde Paetje, Pye Womans Lane

This building erected 1922 occupies a part of the farm leased prior to 1638 and granted in 1644 by the Dutch West India Company to Jan Jansen Damen - of the bounding street Maiden Lane was called by the Dutch Maegde Paetje Nassau Street named for Prince William of Nassau later King of England was formerly known as Pye Womans Lane and Kip Street Liberty was originally Crown Street. This record is here inscribed by the Maiden Lane Historical Society 1925.

No comments:

Post a Comment